Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Pro-life Ambassadors
A topic that has always been important to me is pro-life. I searched the internet, and there are many organizations that represent this topic, but I am choosing to write about the Pro-Life Ambassadors, which is an organization here on the campus of the University of Oklahoma. They are helping to educate our campus about certain issues, specifically abortions. They also are helping men and women that are faced with the situation of pregnancy. Their most recent project was Ask about Baby Feet. They drew baby feet around campus, which reminded me of how precious a gift baby are. The baby feet were a symbol to help raise awareness that a fetus develops toes six weeks after conception. I like the approach of the Pro-Life Ambassadors because they aren’t necessarily in your face about their cause, they just give out the facts and they do things to strike people’s attention. Next year, during their awareness week in November I will try to be actively involved. I will help with the chalking, and also try to come up with some more ideas to get more people interested in our cause of pro-life awareness. believe that if people knew the facts – that as early as 3 weeks after conception that the baby’s brain, spinal cord and heart all begin to develop, that a fetus has its own DNA, that the fetus is a human life – that they would be more receptive to the cause of pro-life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment