Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Playlist
Barbie Girl - When I thought about creating a playlist about gender, this is one of the first songs that came to mind. It is just a typical stereotype for girls to have to live up to, to be perfect and have to live up to expectations of perfection.
You Belong With Me - I chose this song because it a situation many girls are faced with - they want a guy, the guy is taken by a girl that doesn't deserve him, and it is an account of the girls feelings throughout the whole situation.
Just a Little Girl - I was going through my iTunes and this caught my eye when thinking about gender. To me, this song looks at the more emotional side of how girls are. As a girl we just want to be loved and provided for, and that's what this song is about.
Party in the USA - I chose this song because it inspired me to be empowering as a woman.
She's a Lady - This is another song that I found very stereotypical about women.
If I were a Boy - I could relate to this song because it is truly how I feel things would be different if I were a boy. It basically talks about how boys have it so much easier than girls, with things such as body image and relationships.
Reading Response
In the reading, women in the home is discussed. It was surprising to me that it was Lesbian activists to finally stand up for these critical issues. It also talks about the male domination in the home, and how activists were trying to find a balance when raising their children. When I get older and have children, I personally want to be able to stay home with them. I don't look at it as a negative situation at all. Raising my family is important to me, and I want to be able to say that I played significant, influential roles in my children's lives.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment