Monday, October 5, 2009

Gender Ad





This is an ad from Brazil selling white and dark chocolate. Gender is represented in these ads because they are using women to try to sell chocolate. I feel that they are trying to get the point across that their chocolate is as charming as a woman. They used women because the ad would not have been as successful if they had tried to use a man. I assume that they feel that women are easier to sell than men. This ad also would be appealing to the artistic community because they used the woman's body as a piece of art.

Reading Response

Although I am Pro-life, I feel that abortions shouldn't be outlawed because then girls will be having unsafe abortions. Just because abortions are legal doesn't mean that it's okay to have unprotected sex and deal with it later with the abortions. Like it says in the reading, that can lead to many health problems later down the road.
I'm very glad that I have always had the freedom to wear whatever I've wanted from childhood on. I do feel that appearance is still a huge issue in society today. Girls must be pretty for some, but not all, guys to want them. Because of this self-appearance issue means that the issue of eating disorders is still very common.

No comments:

Post a Comment