Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Living on a Budget

I found an apartment that was 2 bedroom/2 baths for $565. It is somewhat roomy.

My Aunt lives in the city, and offered to watch the kids for free.

I have allowed $150 for food. I figured that I could use $40 for breakfast (Eggo's, breakfast bars, etc.) $20 for lunch (the kids will be with their aunt most of the time, and I will be at work. When we are home, there will be meat, cheese, and bread to make sandwiches.) I have allotted $60 for dinner (Homemade pizza, chicken, veggies, etc.) I have left over $30 (drinks and snacks.)

I have budgeted in $125 for clothes.

I work close to the apartment, so I wouldn't be driving much. I have budgeted in $35 for gas.

I have also budgeted in $75 for diapers, personal items, etc.

This leaves $98 left over. This will be extra money to use for things my children and I need, and for anything that costs more than budgeted.

This assignment was somewhat difficult because it's hard to prioritize the money. It would be a challenge, but not impossible to raise a family on this budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment